Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's called FRUGAL not CHEAP!

Since I'm always trying to find cheap (read free) ways to amuse myself, I decided to start blogging.  The basis of my blog with be finding ways to save money everywhere you can.  The name came from my husband.  He calls me cheap because I use coupons at the grocery store, buy the brand that's on sale, or has the lowest per pound price, and I never buy anything for myself that isn't on sale.  He thinks that's cheap.  I prefer to call it frugal.  Not that it really sounds much better, maybe just more sophisticated.  Who doesn't want to save money these days?  I have no problem using coupons and saving at least twenty dollars on a one hundred dollar grocery bill.  I also have no problem shopping sales, and saving 93 dollars on a 103 dollar clothing bill.  I don't see the point in buying a pair of jeans for $40 for my four year old, when she won't fit in them in another six weeks.  He thinks this is cheap.  I call it frugal.  Anybody else seeing a theme here? 
Now I'm not one to preach on where you should and shouldn't spend money.  I'm also not here to give advice.  I'm just finding a way to amuse myself, and pass some time away.  If it works, it works.  If it doesn't it doesn't.  If you want to read it, read it.  If not, then don't. 

1 comment: